Click Here For the
      K-Falls Livestock Weekly Market Report
p

                                                                   
Klamath Falls
       Livestock Auction History
 
Klamath Livestock Auction was first built in the early 1940's.  At that time Klamath Falls ran two livestock yards and sales per week.

  Over the years KLA has had several owners.  In November of 1967 the yard was purchased by Bob and Pat Goodell.  Bob and his father originally built the livestock yard in Templeton, California.  Bob worked for his father for several years and then went out on his own.  In 1962 he purchased the Humboldt Livestock Auction Yard in Fortuna, California.  After the purchase of KLA in 1967, he ran both yards for 6 months.  The Fortuna yard was sold and Bob, Pat and family moved to Klamath Falls.  It was in 1968/1969 that the last of the cattle were shipped by rail.  The rail spur was removed from the yard and all hauling was then by truck.

  During bad times and a bad cattle market the Goodells lost the yard (1973).  In 1978 they repurchased the yard and have been owners ever since.

  In 2004 Bob passed away.  The yard is still run by his wife, (Patty, as he called her).  Bob Goodell was an awesome cattleman.  He was well known throughout the livestock industry for his "word" and abilities.  You could go to the bank on his word alone.  He is greatly missed by all that ever had the privilege of knowing him.

  At one times there were 23 active auction yards in the state of Oregon.  The state now has 9.  Klamath Livestock being the ONLY livestock yard in Southern Oregon.

Klamath Falls
 

Livestock Auction